Are you afraid of getting older? Do you look back and wonder where the time has gone while you fill and replace your beauty routine with anti aging products and things to retain the standard you set for yourself? We get so conditioned about what beauty is, whether it is from commercials or models that dictate a certain height and weight, and a certain look and bone structure. In recent years things started to change a little, including full figured women and a look that sways from the typical norm. Older men and women, gray foxes with silver locks have grazed the screen and slowly it’s becoming more acceptable, although many have their set expectations of what beauty is to them. I came across this beautiful quote from Richard Gere, and maybe, just maybe it can remind you to be gentle with yourself and know that true beauty comes from the inside. Find your happy place, a place you are content with even if life is less than perfect. Learn to accept what is and what can’t be changed. Stay flexible in the storm that’s life and roll with the punches. Surrender and let go. You don’t need to control everything. Trust and believe that everything will work out just as you want it to be. These are your magic potions for everlasting beauty.
“I am old but I am forever young at heart. We are always the same age inside. Know that you are the perfect age. Each year is special and precious, you can only live it once. Do not regret growing older, it’s a privilege denied to many!”
It’s that time again and the Lions Gate Portal opens today. It is said that 8:8 is the luckiest day of the year, and I hope whether you are aware of today or not, it truly is so for all of us.
If you haven’t heard of the Lions Gate Portal before, it is when the blazing sun in Leo will link up with the brightest star Sirius, creating a cosmic alignment known as the Lions Gate Portal. Because of the energy of this alignment, August 8th is a supercharged day for manifesting abundance and dreaming big.
August 8th is a sparkling spiritual window of opportunity and although today is the peak for harnessing this auspicious mystical energy, it is believed that the portal is open for several weeks. Being aware can help set your intention and manifest your dreams. Here is what you can expect.
Numerology – 8:8:2020 = 8 8 4 which stands for balance, Harmony, grounding abundance & spirituality with inspired action.
Influx of spiritual light for ascension, higher consciousness & DNA upgrades through the Sirian dimensions
Anchoring the divine into the physical. Allow yourself to align with this potent activation.
And just like this, voila, consider that your day just got brighter and a little bit of luck is within your reach. 🙏🏼. Make a wish and hold that thought.
- The average human life is relatively short.
- You will only ever live the life you create for yourself.
- Being busy does NOT mean being productive.
- Some kind of failure always occurs before success.
- Thinking and doing are two different things.
- You don’t have to wait for an apology to forgive.
- Some problems and people are simply the wrong match for you.
- It’s not other people’s job to love you; it’s yours.
- What you own is not who you are.
- Everything changes, every second.
What can we take away from this? Perhaps we can try to choose our battles and don’t get tied down with unnecessary burdens. Just having the intention will make a difference in our mind-frame. Here is to all of us, may we all succeed.
Flower from my garden. There seems to be an abundance of purple and magenta kind of blooms. After the garden was all planted and done it was the first time it came to my awareness and right away I remembered Mom. In her late years as she started to color in her adult coloring book, many pictures where in purple. As I asked her about it, she said that purple always has to be in the each picture and I never knew until then that it was her favorite color, or that she has a connection to the color. Now my garden is mainly purple and I can’t say that it was consciously planned this way. Coincidence? Or did Mom help plant a few of these in spirit?
You know I am a sucker for quotes and another has made it debut into my life. Sometimes they stop me in my tracks and I think it is then, in that moment when I ponder the words, that something resonates, reassures or perhaps steers me in a different direction all together.
This quote is untitled and I am not sure who has written it. It says…
“Your life is your garden, your thoughts are the seeds. If your life isn’t awesome, you’ve been watering the weeds.”
At the end of each day before you close your eyes, be content with what you’ve done, be grateful for what you have and be proud of who you are.
It’s a tough journey, finding our path, learning to roll with the punches. Be good to yourself, trust in the process and know that you are doing your best.
The day has come and it’s my birthday. The anniversary of the day on which a person was born, typically treated as an occasion for celebration and the giving of gifts.
Birthday – a day on which one or more years ago someone appeared in the world. It’s been definitely a few (more) years since I appeared in the world and today should be a day for celebration. Having reached another year to add to my number, remembering that age is simply the amount of years the world has been enjoying you, and that not all of us are that privileged to reach another year. This year I remember the ones that are no longer with us and who have not been so lucky to celebrate another birthday. Today I remember and feel the pain of lost loved ones and all who lost their battle to illness, accidents, violence and the pandemic. May their spirits Rest In Peace.
Today I disappear and go on another three day adventure with Mother Nature to put my own troubles on pause for a little while. To push myself to new heights and distract the mind from the first Birthdays without you. I will do my best to lift my spirits because I know there are people that work hard for this day to be special for me, and I appreciate it beyond words. It will be a time to simply be for me, and to let the emotions come as they are. I am doing my best and they say that the first year is the worst when you lost someone. Birthdays and holidays take on a different meaning and they sure do.
The importance is not to lose sight of the light because tough times will always surface from time to time. Today I will try to remember us both, our birthdays one day apart, and the gift and time we shared towards the end.
Stay tuned…I can’t wait to tell you about my new adventure. Memories are waiting to be made.
A few days after the natural remedies book fell into my lap, another sign appeared confirming that I was on the right path. It felt a little like a urge to keep going, to continue the thought process I had entertained, although I hadn’t bought the book yet.
As mentioned before I dabbled into homeopathy a little bit here and there, always looking for ways to cut out toxins and inflammation, while leading a healthier lifestyle. With much under control already, there was also much left to go. To seal the deal and into my lap it fell, was an affordable online course to become a certified master herbalist. 😳 There was no denying it was a message, just like it had been in April of last year as the Reiki course miraculously fell into my lap in the same manner. Right away I recalled all the successes since becoming a Reiki master, and the rest is really history. I bought the course and with only one chapter in and 9 to go, I am not perfectly a 100% but I am at a passing score and plan to keep it that way. Wish me luck… 😉
This image was created by a Japanese neurologist. If the image is still, you are calm? If the image moves a bit, stressed and if it moves like a carousel, you are very stressed.
Give it a go and have a great week everyone 😳
Don’t be so hard on yourself, nobody is perfect. And while it’s ok to strive for your best version, don’t forget about the occasional shortcomings and be quick to forgive yourself and others. Fact is….
Nobody is perfect. We make mistakes. We say the wrong things. We do the wrong things. We fall. We get up. We learn. We grow. We move on. We live.
If you have wronged someone, apologize, but also consider these 4 mistakes you should hold your apology for.
- Making decisions for yourself and putting your needs first. This is a tough one, and one I continue to learn. I naturally put others first, to the point of it draining my own energy. Balance is the key here, and if you have a strong desire to help others, it’s also essential to remember that you are no good to anyone if you don’t take care of yourself too. So be good to yourself and schedule time for the things that fuel your passion. Remember that “me time” is important.
- Falling in love with the “wrong” one. I mean dating the wrong one in the eyes of your friends and family. Quickly there is a “come to Jesus” talk just around the corner waiting for you, and everyone is quick to add their 5 cents. Luckily I don’t have to deal with this, but my advice would be to date whoever you feel like dating. Even if it’s the wrong one, in the worst scenario there are lessons to learn, and without lessons we don’t grow as as people. I’m not saying it’s fun to date the wrong one and it can be downright painful, yet it will shape you as part of your journey. The key is to stay positive and not let it define your future.
- Wanting more than what you currently have. I don’t mean in a greedy way and on the material front, but in a way you can do better for yourself. It’s great to have goals and whatever they are, it’s healthy to hold on to something to strive for. Wanting more could include, being at peace, it could include less stress, less anxiety, more freedom, a healthier lifestyle and so much more. The choice is yours. What would you include into your list of wanting more?
- Living counter to mainstream. This is one I have been doing for quite some time now. Unfortunately, people with this attitude are few and far between, and many still conform to what others expect of them. Let me tell you that no matter what is holding you back, it is absolutely ok to be yourself, regardless of who that is. It is your life and you are the captain of your own ship. So listen to your surroundings, the background noice, society giving you advice, settings certain rules and expectations. Take it all in and then decide what fits into YOUR vision of your life. It doesn’t take a huge step and you can climb that mountain, but it does start with a step.
Why not take that first step and start with giving yourself more courage and credit than you think you have. Pros and cons…gains and losses. Write it out if you have to, plan it or just do it and let the cards fall into place. The worst thing is doing nothing. What are you waiting for? 😉🙏🏼
Granted there is much going on in the world right now, but according to Deepak Chopra there are only two responses to the world.
Fear or love
We either choose fear, retreating from the world, isolating, and living within limits, or we can choose love, and believe in the positive, the good in all things, allowing ourselves to embrace adversity and grow. If we believe in possibilities, we eventually shed the restrictions, the stronghold that threatens to choke the life right out of us.
Fear or love, your life depends on which one you choose.