Happy World Prayer day.
Today we can join in the power of collective prayer. In my own humble opinion I believe that even though this is a day founded by woman, anybody should join and power in numbers is always greater.
Today we have the opportunity to send a prayer to the universe for someone, for ourselves, or for something much greater than that, such as perhaps the world that we live in.
If you could have one wish granted, one prayer heard, what would it be. I realize this is very personal and of course there is no pressure to share. There is no right and wrong, no need to feel selfish, no feeling of one reason being more important than the other. Just an exercise to be vulnerable and to be heard.
For myself, I have multiple prayers and most likely we all do. If I had to pinpoint it, my prayer today is for love and light. It’s something we healers often say at the end of a conversation, wishing someone love and light.
What it means is that love conquers all and light illuminates the shadows, the darkness within us. Today my prayer is that we always find our way out of the darkness and never forget that we carry the light already within us. Sometimes the flame is dim and our light barely shines but even the darkness has purpose and without it the stars can’t shine. May you never forget your worth in the darkness and remember that there are no ordinary moments. Everything has purpose and together we lift each other, together we lean on each other and together we conquer in love and light 🙏🏼💙
Here is a little more about it.
Worldwide Movement of Christian Women
World Day of Prayer is a worldwide, ecumenical movement of Christian women of many traditions who come together to observe a common day of prayer each year, and who, in many countries, have a continuing relationship in prayer and service.
- It is initiated and carried out by women in more than 170 countries and regions.
- It is symbolized by an annual day of celebration observed on the first Friday in March to which all people are welcome.
- It brings women of different races, cultures and traditions together in fellowship, understanding and action throughout the year.
- Through World Day of Prayer, women affirm that prayer and action are inseparable and have immeasurable influence in the world.
- The motto of World Day of Prayer is “Informed Prayer and Prayerful Action.”
Article and picture taken from yahoo: source unknown