Today I’m talking about the meaning of love and light. Surely you must have heard me saying it a time or two, especially when we are about to do our weekly Reiki healing.
It’s been a year since we first faced Covid. Not just the illness and deadly virus itself, but also all the consequences and lifestyle changes we had to endure with it. Our human existence and wellness is at risk with increasing anxiety, depression and suicidal cases. Covid has rendered us helpless in many instances and many are isolated and alone. To share a mantra such as “I live in the light” or wishing someone “love and light” seems important and more than appropriate for these times, although the saying has originated well before the pandemic. Let’s break it down and see what exactly it is we are trying to convey.
- The universal language and a word that encompasses our life. Love is part of the human emotional experience. Love like everything else is energy. Love is healing and so much more. A life without love and compassion is a lonely one and leaves us unfulfilled.
- Picture a time when you feel loved. It’s a potent feeling, lifting, happy, joyful, giving us wings to accomplish and face anything we have to tackle. It’s a powerful source to raise our vibrations. There is literally nothing we can’t do, and we are high on cloud 9 when we feel loved and appreciated and when we are in love. The chaos and noise of the daily rut subsides and within ourself we feel peace and a reason to be.
- When we talk about light it’s not in the form of a light bulb, or that you may never forget to pay your utility bill. It is not wishing you to never sit in darkness, but it is for you to always remember that you are the light. It is more of a spiritual conversation. One that takes time and grows not necessarily on a daily basis.
- Light is wisdom, the all knowing, guidance and your life experiences rolled into one. It is realizing that you carry everything you need already within yourself. Light encompasses our role models, our Sages, Guru’s Yogis and Masters. Even Yoda from Star Wars packs a great deal of wisdom.
- To live in the light means accessing your inner wisdom, to live in the highest vibrations, to pay it forward and become a beacon of light for others to follow.
- It means to shed the distraction , to trust the disruption and use those tools to carve out your own path, independent from the ideals of others.
Love and light
Therefore if you are offering someone love and light, you are offering the ideal energy of the universe, including it’s wisdom. Love is often said to conquer all, love is healing. Light cancels out the darkness, the sorrows and hardships we often face throughout life. Believe me when I say that they are needed and have their place. That they bare the greatest lessons for us. With each lesson we might inquire another crack, sometimes feeling that we are breaking in the process of it, but in reality it is another opportunity to shine brighter and let more of our light escape into the world to guide ourselves and others.
To send love and light is a wish for someone to stay strong, to take care of themselves and to be armed with the love and wisdom it takes to maneuver the sticky swamp, the meadow of loss or The Valley of despair.
May your heart chakra, the seat and home off your love be blown open wide, and may you face each day with clarity, reflection and peace.