Photo credit: Google
We are moving “new word” Monday to Tuesday this week to make room for the last new moon of 2020. It’s also a total solar eclipse. It is said that the portal to the new world is opening on December the 14th, but what exactly does that mean to us?
Many have felt a heightened sense in emotions and energy over the last couple of weeks. Things we just can’t pinpoint, understand, explain, or put our finger on a 100%. Some of us have been more emotional, crying for no apparent reason, feeling overwhelmed, anxious, vulnerable and more fragile. Others grasp on to whatever they can for a glimpse of something positive, something that can carry themselves through the rough sea. And yet others are on the brink with hope, faith, and optimism that has dwindled into dangerously low reserves. You are definitely not alone here. After everything 2020 has thrown at most of us, it’s no wonder we feel off balance a little.
Personally and like so many of you, I hold on to the positives and choose to believe that everything is as it needs to be. It is said that the Sagittarius new moon is to flip the lens, helping us review life from a philosophical perspective. A lofty goal for a year that has tested our emotional resilience and empathy. However, Sagittarius is the eternal seeker and student of the zodiac.
A question from the new moon: What are we meant to learn from this? In what ways did we grow? Are there lessons still to apply?
Perhaps the answer is not easy and a difficult subject. Perhaps the answer is not likely to come from the usual sources. The December 2020 Sagittarius new moon and total solar eclipse gives us an opportunity to turn inward. Metaphorically, this is “lights out” for a moment that forces us to “see” with other senses besides our vision. What do you see when you turn inward? You might see your year like a movie reel rolling in front of your eyes. Perhaps there are things to I would change, but make sure you also acknowledge how far you have come. That you see and give thanks for the battles you have fought, the victories, big and small that have led you to this very moment. Maybe you have an epiphany about how to redesign your entire support system. So when you hear of a new world, it could be as simple as that. You might compare it with a New Years resolution, a promise you’ve made yourself, a goal you’ve set, a new found motivation, anything that is changing your life, allowing a new world to emerge. With it you change your vibration, closely matching the energy of this new world. You see the new world, the universe, our guardian angels and guides want us all to succeed and do great things with our life. They love is unconditionally and are always in our corner, rooting for us.
Here are a few ways you can tap into the visionary energy of the new moon and the total solar eclipse.
- Redesign your sense of adventure. While restrictions have drastically affected our ability to travel, we have to dig deep on that one and get creative. Perhaps it’s taking up a new hobby without comprising your safety, or something like that. Get as wild as you can and want to. Maybe it’s time to take these online belly dancing classes after all. I will touch on that once more.
- Reach out across “differences” and divides. Make the effort to connect to someone outside of your usual circle. And not in a superficial way!
- Become a media maven or mogul. Maybe it’s time to open that Etsy shop, check out Lulu.com or Amazon’s createSpace. Maybe it’s time to discover your inner Picasso. Apply yourself to whatever you’re genius at.
- Free your hips. More belly dancing anyone? Stiff hips can increase the load on the spine, cause back pain, and limit our overall range of motion. Yogis believe that the hips are the storage center for pent up feelings about control. Another reason to drop the control freak habits. Freeing them can bring amazing release, both physically and emotionally. Kundalini yoga is perfect to add to your list.
- Let yourself be a little extra. Shed self consciousness and push your limits, in the name of fun and fearless expression. Don’t worry about being “too much.” When you’re fully self expressed, it creates a gap between you and other people, giving them something to rise up to. Sure they might laugh or be shocked at first, but they’ll soon be inspired by your courage and authenticity. And they’ll feel permission to be themselves too.￼
- Download your dose of daily wisdom. “A quote a day, touches your heart in a special way.” Yeah, I made that up, but I’m sticking to it. Find your gurus both in and out of the “temple” or wherever it is you go looking. See the light of consciousness in every human. Better yet, be your own guru and have fun. 🙏🏼💙