So, let me tell you how badly I suck at this. It’s been at least a week (oops I am afraid another week has expired since first attempting to write this) since I was nominated for the awesome blogger award by my friend Michael who seems to believe that my humble blog is worthy of such an honor. Please stop by this funny, witty writer and tell him that Rhapsody said hi and thank you again. He is simply amazing and you are missing out. So what are you waiting for, check him out, after you read this post, of course. Ehemmm…
Let me tell you that it still blows my mind when I get nominated. I look around the room like “who me” as if there was some mistake made, although there is not another blogger living in my house and my humble heart knows darn well that I should accept such a wonderful compliment. It leaves me extremely grateful and in awe, to say the least. Still, the fact remains that I suck at the responses. For one I am not as witty, two…I write whatever I feel passionate about at any given time, which these blogger awards usually don’t fit that criteria and are very specific. They are special alright, but also hold you to a certain guidelines, but here we go and I will give it my best.
ABOUT THE AWESOME BLOGGER AWARD
“This is an award for the Absolutely Wonderful Writers all across the blogging world. They have beautiful blogs, are kind and lovely, and always find a way to add happiness and laughter to the lives of their readers. That is what truly defines an awesome blogger.”
RULES TO BE PART OF THE AWESOME BLOGGER AWARD
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Tag the post with #awesomebloggeraward.
3. Answer the questions you were asked.
4. Nominate at least 5 bloggers and inform them of their nomination.
5. Give them 10 new questions to answer.
MICHAEL’S QUESTIONS FOR ME
1. What’s wrong with you?
Way to go…loaded question right off the start. After contemplating if this is a trick question, this could really go any which way. Sooooo…..my initial response that comes to mind is “Not a damn thing”, but would that mean I live in denial or that I am just full of myself? Of course there are things wrong with me, and I have yet to meet the person that is perfectly content with everything about themselves. They surely are the ones living in denial, because nothing ever is perfect. At least that is what is widely believed to be the truth, but I think things can come pretty close to perfect. Not saying I am and I’m no different, but I see the the glass half full and I’m not a complainer, nor do I live in a fantasy world. Gee, how did this ended up here? Still need more proof that I sick at this? Here we go…
2. Do you prefer pie or cake?
Another trick question as I sit here trying to answer this seemingly easy question, but struggle. I am not a sweet person, well actually I can be quite sweet, but I am not a sweet fanatic and was talking about the food sweets, or so I thought, or…oh just forget it. Pie or cake, both are sweet and it won’t matter if it’s pie or cake if I should treat myself to the sticky sweet mess. Keep a piece of sausage nearby so I can neutralize the taste afterwards. Yep, to u won’t be the first laughing at this and I’m known for needing sausage after I indulge.
3. Can you be trusted with a lie?
No…I struggle with lies and they most always insult my intelligence. No matter how I twist it, a lie is a lie and I have a hard time warming up to it. You can trust me with brutal honesty though.
4. What’s your favorite swear word?
Whatever flows naturally out of my mouth at that time. Depending on the severity of the fuckery going on that would cause me to swear, various words have spilled out of my mouth in the past. Sometimes I’m English, sometimes in German and really depending what this cranium thinks of first.
5. Are you better at kissing or writing?
Kissing, although I pour my love and passion into both 💋
6. Have you ever mistaken Lust for Love?
Not in real life, but I can see it happen easily. Being attracted to that bad boy look alike that gets your fantasy going and you just can’t help yourself with your weak knees and all, but who is the last dirtbag (sorry gentlemen) in the world and doesn’t know how to treat his lady. It’s a matter of mutual respect and arrogance and control have no place in a strong, functional relationship. The goal is to have lust and love with the same person, then you really got it made.
7. When was the last time you slow danced?
Too long ago with this quarantine
8. Is there something you’d like to tell the world?
It you can be anything “Be kind.” Lift each other instead of putting each other down. Stay positive and stay the course. You got this and you are not alone. Gee there is really a lot I could say.
9. Who would win in a fight: Godzilla or Hello Kitty?
My initial thought is that it has to be the mighty, strong Godzilla, but I also like to root for the underdog. The one that goes in against all odds to prove something to themselves or the world. Having the courage to fight such a monster, much bigger than you, is already a win in my book. So here you go clever Kitty, you got my vote and I believe in you.
10. What musical instrument do you look like the most?
Ohhh this one is hard. I’m curvy and strong. Maybe a bass, hahaha.
11. What’s your first impression when you look in a mirror?
Mmmh, that varies from day to day as n out all days are equal for me, fighting a chronic illness. Some days are “hey, yeah I woke up like this” whole others are “geez you look like you have wrestled all night”. The way I look in the morning determines the actions I need to take and if I need a little extra pick me up.
12. Have you ever worn underwear from a person of the opposite sex?
No, and there is an easy explanation for this. Maybe a little TMI for here 😂
13. Finish this sentence anyway you like: “Bartholomew, I don’t know any damned Bartholomew …”
….but we both could use a miracle.
14. Do you think Ecru deserves to be a distinct color, or should it just go back to a being a miserable shade of boring-ass Beige and lose its uppity-as-fuck attitude just because it’s friends with beige
Beige is beige, no matter how uppity and higher class sounding you want to make it. Just because you call it ecru doesn’t give you the title to be more educated sounding than the rest of us, but knock yourself out with “Ecru” of you must.
Phew, I made it, hahaha….and it was fun, actually 😉
10 QUESTIONS FOR THE FABULOUS NOMINEES
- How would you describe yourself and why?
- What are you attracted to the most with the opposite sex?
- What’s your guilty pleasure?
- Are you ruled by the heart or your mind, and why?
- What’s your best feature?
- Do you dream in color or black and white?
- What song would you dedicate to the one you love?
- What makes your world go round?
- What does the perfect day look like for you?
- What’s your comfort food and why?
- What is better? To be jealous or laid back and why?
- What does freedom mean to you?
- Peace and harmony above a little fight here and there? Love, or make up sex?
- What would you change about yourself if you could?
Have fun everyone, and know that I wished I could have nominated many more. You all are fantastic and are so deserving. I love you all and thank you for your support and the love you spread every day.
Image by Canva