How do the pieces fit together, was a question that came to mind today.
I talked to Mom both days, yesterday and today. She was in great spirits, actually a bit surprising to me, given that it was Dad‘s birthday yesterday. I think perhaps she felt good not having to share his memory alone, having someone (me) there to recall some of the stories. It was easy to stir her back to the funny times, and we found ourselves laughing instead of being overcome by grief. I’m sure Mom’s well-being and lighthearted mood on those two days certainly lifted a burden off of me. Even if just temporary.
It’s raining today and the barometric pressure has dropped. The humidity is climbing and I should be hurting. Yet I am surprisingly comfortable and it makes no sense at all. So what’s different?
- I have been more active. Spending more time outdoors and using my exercise equipment. It’s definitely a plus and I am determined.
- Since I dumped a whole glass of water in my bed, mind you that it happened at bedtime, I carry around a half gallon jug. Not only because I can close it tight, but it helps me gauge my daily water intake. I’m not where I want to be yet, but I have definitely increased the amount of water I drink. I wish water could always taste as great as it does when you are hiking, climbing that summit, being parched.
- I have started to make a conscious effort deciding what I feed my body. Many more salads, no sweets, no soda, no processed foods, reduced sugar, and that kind of stuff.
- I have been doing some crafting, felting to be more precise, that requires me to work more with my hands. Working with warm water and kneading the fabric has made a difference. I still have some ways to go, but it’s small steps I celebrate today.
- I have stepped away from typing so much, which has also helped my hands heal. It is in those stationary moments and actually now, writing this post that I can feel my hands getting stiff and the pain returns.
- I have started to take a few ibuprofens at bedtime. It has allowed a more restful sleep which is important for people with RA.
- Last but not least, I laughed a lot today, thank you to the courtesy of one amazing soul sister. So much actually until my belly was hurting and I could hardly breath. We will be in trouble when we meet in person, and I look forward to that day with all my heart.
So how do the pieces fit? I am not sure, and no matter how hard I have tried to analyze and figure this out in the past, I just don’t know. Laughter and love are definitely strong medicines and powerful potions. Great friends and amazing people, a content Mom for sure add to the equation. Maybe it is chasing my dreams and being on the brink of doing something a little different. Can you believe it, I thought of a great name to represent what I want to do, and I ordered business cards? So exciting, and they arrive Friday with the next step in sight. Or maybe it is just finally time for this cloud to lift and better times to greet me around the corner. It just has to be….it’s time. 🦋❤️